The Penicillin Manufacturing Facility is completely separate and dedicated. It is situated at the end of south side of the Pharmasia manufacturing plant maintaining a standard distance from all other manufacturing facilities in the site. Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP) of Pharmasia manufacturing plant is situated on the south side of Penicillin Production Building. Service building situated on the north side. There is indoor road on east side and boundary wall on the west side.
Ground floor is 16 feet height divided into 9 feet height manufacturing area and 7 feet height technical area for utilities & service lines and ducting. Total area is about 5000 square feet. There are following specific area in the ground floor of PPB:
- PFS manufacturing area including primary & secondary dress change area, raw material receiving area, process & blending room, powder filling room, WIP store etc
- PFS secondary packaging area including primary & secondary dress change area, packaging material receiving area, over printing area, IPC & office, packing hall etc.
- Bottle washing area including dress change area, bottle store, bottle de-cartoning area, bottle washing area, bottle drying area, bottle staging are etc.
- Raw material warehouse including RM receiving area with dedusting facility, quarantine, sampling & dispensing area, released material area, CRT room, RM dispatch area etc.
- Packaging material warehouse including PM receiving area with quarantine, released material area, PM dispatch area etc.
- Finished product quarantine cum warehouse